Thursday, November 24, 2016
Thanksgiving Special 2016 - Top 10 LA Haunted Eateries
Top 10 LA Haunted Eateries (Suggested by Gourmet Ghosts author James Bartlett)
Author and journalist James Bartlett joins us on this episode to share his Top 10 haunted eateries and bars in Los Angeles. Originally from London, James has been a freelance journalist since 1999 and has been living in Los Angeles since 2004. He has written about travel, entertainment, food and the weird and wonderful side of LA in over 100 magazines and newspapers including the Los Angeles Times, LA Weekly, Hemispheres, American Way, The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, BBC.com, Film Ireland, Close-UpFilm.com and BBC America.com He has also contributed to Variety, Bizarre, The Historian, RTE Radio and BBC Radio and he is author of Gourmet Ghosts and Gourmet Ghosts 2, which feature murder, mystery and history at dozens of bars, restaurants, hotels and landmarks across Los Angeles.
Locations discussed on this episode where:
1. La Golondrina - Mexican Cafe
2. El Carmen's Tequila Bar
3. Tom Bergen's - Irish Bar opened in 1936 and Cheers was based on it.
4. Tam O'Shanter - Scottish place that Disney Imagineers used to frequent.
5. El Cid - Spanish
6. Yamashiro - Japanese restaurant with beautiful grounds
7. The Magic Castle
8. Roosevelt Hotel - this is a location we've covered on the podcast.
9. Barney's Beanery - located on the original Route 66
10. The Biltmore Hotel - Black Dahlia haunts this location.
You can find James' book here: James Bartlett Amazon Page